Palm Cheese Cookies are quick and easy cookies made from savory cheddar cheese cookies coated with sweet crunchy palm sugar.
These Palm Cheese Cookies are currently booming for the past 2 years in Indonesia. So, I could not wait to try these at home to know what the fuss was about. After trying them myself personally, I now understand why people are loving these cookies.
Tell Me About These Cookies
- Texture. The palm sugar coating is surprisingly super crunchy, while the inside is also crunchy with a delicate texture.
- Flavor. Sweet and savory in each bite. The cookies are pretty similar to the western snowball cookies but taste richer and because of the addition of grated cheddar cheese. At first, I expected these cookies to be overly sweet because of the sugar coating. However, I was surprised that the palm sugar was just mildly sweet and tasted more like caramelized sugar.
- Ease. This recipe is so quick and easy to whip up that it can be made in one bowl. No stand mixer or hand mixer is required. Moreover, no chilling is required.
How to Make Palm Cheese Cookies
- Mix room temperature unsalted butter with confectioners’ sugar until well combined with a spatula.
- Add egg, vanilla, and grated cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, cornstarch, milk powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough and roll into balls with your hand.
- Roll the balls in palm sugar.
- Bake and enjoy!